Since it has been an entire year since I last posted (BAD Holli!!), there is no way I can do the last year justice with how crazy it has been. I want to get better at blogging, so all I can do is start from here and go foward. I will just quickly summarize the last year, and then start my new posts going forward.
- Holli lost her job in March 2010 in Birmingham.
- Jason graduated from UAB in May 2010
- Jason and Holli made a big life decision to move back to the Atlanta area to be near to family and find jobs there rather than move toward job offers.
- Holli and Jason moved in with Holli's dad in Lawrenceville, where they still live.
- Holli found a new job with MACTEC engineering in May 2010 and started in June 2010 at a nuclear power plant south of Augusta working fulltime for MACTEC.
- Jason worked odd jobs and then went on salary in October 2010 working for our brother-in-law Kevin Boeckman at Reach Technologies in Gainesville. Jason drives a delivery van delivering, repairing and selling toner (and other office supplies).
- Holli was working 70 hours a week at the plant (making good OT!), but completely miserable otherwise. Holli and Jason only saw each other a couple of times a month, Holli got no sleep, etc. So, when her former employer called her to come back to work at Geo-Hydro, she jumped at it!
- Holli started at Geo-Hydro in their Athens office in March 2011 and is LOVING it!!
- Holli and Jason have saved up 20% downpayment for a house and are anxiously looking to move into their first house together. More about this in a later post.
Love to all! Thanks for all your prayers and love during this very difficult year for the Greenes.