Friday, March 25, 2011

Daddy-Daugther Date at Toulouse-Lautrec

For my dad's birthday back in Decemeber, I got he and I a dual membership for the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. We had this membership years ago when I lived in Atlanta, but let it lapse when Jason and I moved to Birmingham. A love of art is something that my dad and I share and really enjoy together, so I decided to do this as a big surprise for him!

Well, the current big exhibit at the High is the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit. They were having a members-only reception last night that was French themed with the viewing of the exhibit, French food, and a French movie. Coincidentally, Jason and his dad left yesterday for a long weekend in Savannah at a model train show. Hopefully he can update more about that.

It was perfect! The exhibit was amazing, the movie was funny and entertaining, and it was great to spend some quality time with my dad!! :-) We were so hungry that we left the movie early, so we'll have to rent it on Netflix (they have it -- I already checked!). It is called "Home" and it's a 2008 French movie about a family who lives on an abandoned highway that gets reopened and how they deal with it. We were also able to find a cute little Italian restaurant with all fresh food and it was also really good! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors